Water Damage Cleaning & Restoration
MCS provides your total solution for water damage including structural drying (building), Timber floor drying, documentation drying through to concrete moisture testing.
We specialise in fast response service for emergencies (Residential / Commercial / Industrial). MCS will have a highly trained and fully qualified field Technician on site to control your disaster and commence restoration immediately.
We provide water damage expertise, assessment, restoration, repairs, remediation when you incur water damage to your apartment, unit, house or property affecting your carpet, furniture, ceiling, timber/wood floor, contents and walls.
You can rest assure that our invoices and reports are accepted by all insurance companies, assessors and body corporate managers.
Have a serious water problem? We can help with:
If required, call a plumber to fix the broken pipe etc. as the plumber sometimes incurs further water damage in order to identify where the leak is coming from, particularly when it is inside a wall.
If substantial damage has occurred to power points and/or light fittings, you may need to contact an electrician as well to ensure everything is safe to use.
- Take photos and record all visible damage.
- If you have timber furniture on wet carpet it needs to be moved ASAP. We suggest you place plastic or alfoil under the timber item so it does not stain the dry area after it is moved. If the item is too large to move, fold alfoil over several times and progressively work your way around the base of each timber item thereby protecting your wet carpet from furniture stain.
- Remove any wet rugs, coloured paper or coloured towel/clothing in order to avoid a possible dye stain. MCS can dry and clean your rug.
- If computers are wet, try to place in an area and in a position where any excess water will drain out.
- Lift draperies off the wet surface. Use coat hanger e.g. for pants (loop the curtain through the coat hanger and place the coat hanger over the track).
- If you have any items where metal is located at the base and is sitting on top of wet carpet, it should be moved ASAP. We suggest you place plastic or alfoil under the metal item so it does not stain the dry floor coverings after it is moved. If the item is too large to move, fold alfoil over several times and place under the metal leg protecting the wet carpet from rust stain.
- Remove all small items off the wet carpet for protection.
- If you have a full bookcase or large cupboard on wet carpet, it should be emptied to allow us to attend to the carpet under this item.
- If any books or paper based items are wet, place them in an area where excess water can drain away. MCS can assist with the drying of such items which should commence within 24 - 48 hours of the items being wet.
- Commence to mop up excess water from timber floors first then tiles or vinyl. Remove any excess water where it is lying against timber based cupboards/kitchen benches.
> Water extraction and limiting secondary damage to furniture (blocking up contents)
> Drying of carpet and timber flooring
Protect and dry furniture, contents and fittings
> Structural drying (walls, ceiling and floors)
Returning your workplace, home, common area back to a pre-loss condition.
Detailed Insurance Industry reporting and invoicing is standard for MCS.
Specialised drying facilities for documents, inventory items or contents.
Efficient and effective recovery process guaranteeing workmanship and
quality end result.
Minimise business interruption and temporary 3 phase power boards are
available where electricity is limit.
Can directly invoice your Insurance Company or Body Corporate.
MCS is a “recovery and decontamination specialist” allowing us to respond with speed in your time of need. We have an extensive range of drying equipment available ensuring we can meet a surge of jobs due to severe storms or a major high-rise/commercial water damage disaster.
Where possible, MCS “float dries” water damaged carpet. At the same time, the underlay, sub-flooring and skirting board area is dried and all in the shortest possible time frame. Furthermore, this method will minimise the browning affect which can be left on the surface of your carpet. Browning is where the jute backing wicks up the carpet fibre leaving a dark stain which is why carpet should not be dried on top. Our drying method means less time, less noise and less inconvenience to you.
MCS is converse in dealing with assessors, quantity surveyors, property managers, insurance companies, insurance brokers, body corporate management and real estate property managers (converse with tenancy rights). Separate reporting and invoicing between content damage, structural drying and common area restoration is standard practise for MCS thereby minimising your time with the administration of this unfortunate incident.
Work is undertaken with due care necessary to promote a safe working environment for all involved. Moisture Control Services OH&S standards are adopted for the protection of clients and our team members. All MCS technicians are experienced carpet layers, so you can rest assure your floor coverings are in safe hands.
No job is too big or small for MCS. With our team of experienced technicians we guarantee a quality end result and customer satisfaction.